Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Story so far...

So, tomorrow I am going to take a day off of work- I took a day off on Tuesday as well- These are the only days I have had off all year! Sam's birthday is on Saturday- so, We are having a party for him at our apartment tomorrow evening. I spent Thursday getting a lot of stuff done that I had been putting off for a while now. I drove into Bellevue and bought Sam his birthday present. Then, I got my ring cleaned and examined (it had been 7 months and you're suppose to get it done every six) I also am officially Amy Marie Hart now because I changed my last name at the social security office. I most likely will spend most of tomorrow making cupcakes and decorating for the party as well as finally getting my lisence changed - since we moved way more than 10 days ago and you're suppose to change it within 10 days of moving. Next week I think I will be taking a 8th grade health 7th grade literature/social studies job. I subbed there yesterday things went pretty well. I did learn that 7th graders have no idea how to do a presentation they also have no clue about what looks good or works well in a powerpoint presentation. This one kid had a bright green with rainbow stripes background with yellow words so it was unreadable- on top of that he had all of his picture spin in for about 10 seconds each - it looked like the head on the movie poltergise. Then he has lous obnoxious music fade in and out of the thing- I said " Make sure the background and colors are not too distracting" He replies with oh don't worry mine isn't distracting at all!! I will be there Tuesday to see presentations which should be interesting. They are trying really hard they are just completely clueless. Last weekend Sam and I went to a Brandi Carlile concert which was excellent. For her closing number she sang Halleluia - which totally reminded me of Nate and Americorps. It sounded really great though -I almost caught myself crying I donno why- I guess I sort of miss some aspects of Americorps- notice how I wrote "Some aspects" I don't really miss sharing a trashy trailer with 20 people, I don't really miss ice cold showers, and I don't really miss cockroaches (palmetto bugs) but I do miss the excitement of doing new things every day and I do kind of miss having a lot of people around- so that you're never board. Oh yah and I don't miss being attacked by huge dogs while stuck up against a glass door or crazy woman giving us bottles of olive oil- well atleast it was exciting I guess! Alright time to leave school. I had Kindergarten today and it was a blast! I got to get on all fours and act like a dog and sing I am a pizza it was fun!

No comments: