Friday, November 2, 2007

Blog number one

So, I am going to start a blog- this is a decision that I have made because most of my friends don't live near me anymore now that I got married and moved to the "Big City" okay I guess that there are not many places smaller than Arlington! (well it is getting a lot bigger than it used to be - but that is indeed a different story)

So, my assignment today is 1rst grade - I have never been to this school before but it has the same exact floor plans as a different school in this district so I feel familar with this school although I have never been here before. The class I have is made up of 22 children. This morning a lot of different students are pulled out for various reasons and I only had about 9 kids pretty much until lunchtime- which was quite nice. The only thing odd that has happened today is that there is this one kid that smells horribly of urine- I asked him if he had an accident but he repeatively tells me no! Oh well atleast he didn't pee on the classroom floor or bite a teacher- both of those things happened in a class I was in a few weeks ago and they were both done by a 4th grader - which I thought fourth graders knew better but I guess not! I have learned to wear long sleeves if you ever are assigned to a special education or ED/BD class because who knows what might happen to you in there! This weekend I am planning on relaxing a lot! It is my husband's birthday next weekend and I am still in the process of trying to figure out what to get him for a present.

No comments: