Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Monks and boats

So this whole week I am in a junior high school teaching 7th grade reading/social studies and 8th grade health. One of the block classes loves me and the other one pretty much hates me- oh well atleast one likes me. I make them do work and I don't let them turn in work that is not quality so they get mad at me for it. The teacher I am subbing for - his wife is having some sort of tooth surgery so that is why he is gone for the entire week.

Right now I have a break from 10:20-12:25 so yeah I am bored!
This afternoon Sam and I are going on a huge boat for his grandma's memorial. I never met the woman- but we going out with the rest of that side of his family to dump her ashes into Lake Washington. I am prepared for crazy things to happen. Sam has one aunt that is um quite a character to say the least. She brought a Tibetian Monk with her to our wedding and then she kept trying to get my mom and her friends to dance with the monk. She also kept pestering my sister, cousin, and friends to dance with her son (who had brought his girlfriend to the wedding). Finally my cousin gave in and right when the dance was about to start- darn she had to go home . Also his aunt told a bunch of people that the tibetian monk was her ex husband- seriously this guy was like 85 or 90 years old and he was wearing a yellow/ golden dress. I donno if the marriage thing is true but it is still weird. His aunt is in a singles boating club and that is how they got hooked up with this boat today I guess. So I would not be suprised if when we get there it is full of tibetian monks. Also this boat apparently has 2 huge bedrooms and a beauty salon- I donno I don't really understand but I will report back to you about what it was like tomorrow. Now I think I will go back to reading my book. I am reading The Subtle Knife- which is excellent it is the 2nd book in the series the first one was The Golden Compass- which is going to be coming out as a movie in December. I have the 3rd book at home (The Amber Spyglass) as soon as I finish this 2nd one I will start it and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Bob said...

Hey! Welcome to Blogger! I'm honored to leave you your first comment! Thanks for the update on the monk. I wanted to know more about him. It sounds even more bizarre than I'd originally imagined :)