Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Monks can't swim!

So we went to Sam's grandma's memorial yesterday afternoon- it was nice it was on a boat and "the monk" was there. He had prayed for over 90 days on this rice- he said a new prayer on every each grain (talk about taking a lot of time- there was like 2 cups of rice there atleast) Then he went down onto the swim ramp of the boat and he threw all the rice into lake washington and also said a really long like 20 mintute prayer. I was really scared cause the man is super old and he is hanging over this tiny little swim deck and he has no idea how to swim. The only thing I could think of was - I hope I don't have to safe a drowning monk today- and it probably would have been me that would have had to do it because between all of the people that were close I am the best swimmer - luckily I did not have to save a drowning monk and he made it back into the boat safely. Another thing from yesterday that happened at school that was kind of funny and kind of scary was: The classroom I am in is in the old part of the school (I think it was probably built in the 80's - so it is not super old or anything) All day long the door knobs to my door had been falling off (both the inside and the outside) Well, it was no big deal for most of the day because it would just fall off and then we would put it right back on. The problem occured when one of the students left the classroom with the door knob. So I was trapped inside the class with a few students with no way to open the door- and also the door knob was off the otherside of the door. Luckily, just as I was about to crawl out a window- one of my good students found one of the door knobs that a "naughty" student had thrown in the locker bay and he put the knob on and let us out. For the next few hours I insisted that a huge chair block the doorway so that I would know if anyone was trying to shut the door on me. A little bit later the janiter came in and fixed the door. Let me tell you that was scary to be locked in a classroom with an 8th grade health class even if it was just for a couple of minutes.

1 comment:

Bob said...

That's some crazy stuff. "I hope I don't have to save a drowning monk today." Ya know I think that very thing every morning when I wake up. Keep posting! This blog is really entertaining! :)