Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Not quite the perfect job

So as stated in my last post I was looking for an easy laid back job where I could come in anytime I felt like it. Instead for a summer job I got a job where I am on my feet 24/7 running around and working 40 + hours a week. I work as a teacher at a daycare. I fill in for whatever teacher is on vacation for that week. This week I am the preschool teacher (ages 1 year 1 month- 2 years 11 months) All of them can walk except for one but you can only understand the talking of 2 or 3 of them and none of them are potty trained. So basically I entertain babies, change diapers, clean up messes, and chase babies around. Yesterday I only had 4 kids. Today I had 10. Luckily if their gets to be more than 7 they have to get another teacher in to help me. This morning they were having a screaming battle and just about every single kid was screaming and crying at the top of their lungs. Sam says this is good birth control for me. I actually still think they are super cute even if they can be extremly annoying and they are soo much work. I was watching John and Kate plus 8 yesterday I don't know how they do it! I can handle it for the 8 hours but after that I am so exhausted and I just want to sit in silence for like the rest of the entire day! Still no interviews for a real job- hopefully they will happen soon. I heard before I should get a bunch at the end of August-- so we will see. I am taking a week vacation the first week of August so I am excited for that. I will be relaxing in the sun and resting-- it will be nice! Now, I get to go cook dinner and clean my own house... yeah!!

No comments: